Events & Fundraisers
Patriots Autographed Football Raffle
To raise money for BHS's Paws On Parade team, Cross Insurance has generously donated three authentic footballs autographed by Patriots players! We will be raffling off the footballs, details are below:
- Each football comes with a certfificate of authenticity
- Footballs have one autograph each by: Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, or Jamie Collins
- The picture on the flyer is of the actual footballs being raffled off
- Tickets to enter to win the Gronkowski football are $20 each
- Tickets to enter to win the Edelman football are $20 each
- Tickets to enter to win the Collins football are $10 each
- You may purchase as many tickets as you would like
- Tickets can be purchased in person at BHS; over the phone at BHS with a Visa or Mastercard; in person at our Yappy Hour event at Seasons, The Focus Group event at Next Generation Theatre, or at Paws On Parade
- The drawing will be held at noon on the Bangor Waterfront at Paws On Parade (Saturday September 24th)
ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT BHS! Every cent of the money raised from this raffle will go towards helping the homeless animals that find their way to the Bangor Humane Society. A huge thank you to Cross Insurance for donating these footballs, and making it possible for us to keep 100% of the raffle's earnings! Thank you and good luck!
Join us for Season's Yappy Hour! This fundraiser will benefit Team BHS for Paws On Parade. Just mention the event to your server and 10% of all sales will be donated to BHS. This fun event includes:
- Door prizes: Paws shirts and Seasons gift cards!
- BHS alumni: a dog featured at the event
- 1/2 off martini night: Make It Wag Martini and Paws Punch are the featured drinks
- Patriots autographed footballs: you can check them out in person and purchase raffle tickets
We can't wait to see you at Seasons restuarant 427 Main St Bangor from 4-7pm on Thursday!
Focus Group Goes to the Dogs - Again!
September 23rd at 8:00pm
Next Generation Theatre 39 Center St Brewer, ME
Local improv comedy group The Focus Group is back with their third annual Goes to the Dogs event! The show is hilarious and is intented for mature audiences only. Entrance fees are $10 per person, or $5 if you bring an item from our wishlist. The show raises money for our largest annual event, Paws On Parade! Join The Focus Group, along with BHS staff for a great night full of laughs. We will also feature an adoptable pet on stage just before the show starts!
Pints For Paws
September 14th 5:00pm-9:30pm
Mason's Brewing Company 15 Hardy Street Brewer, ME
Veazie Vet is partnering with Mason's Brewing Company in Brewer to help raise money for Paws on Parade. Come join us at Mason's on September 14th from 5 pm to 9:30 pm. They will donate 10% of all food and beverage sales to the Bangor Humane Society!
Pet Savers Program
Saturday Kids Give Back
We do not currently have an event scheduled, please check back!
Saturday Kids Give Back is an event geared towards grade-school aged children (with a parent or guaridan). Children focus on the importance of giving, not getting by crafting cat toys, making dog treats, and making kennel signs that highlt an animal's best qualities and help them get adopted!
There is no fee to attend, we do ask that each attendee brings one item off of our wishlist - the list can be found by clicking here. For questions and to RSVP please contact our Volunteer and Foster Care Coordinator Katelyn at (207) 942-8902 ext. 102!
Flocking for Paws on Parade by Blackstream Custom Cycles
Know someone whose lawn you'd like to flock? This awesome fundraiser is a great way to raise money for our largest annual fundraiser, Paws On Parade. To learn more about how to Flock Bangor, to order a flock, or to ask questions head on over to the Facebook page.