Paws on Parade
Our 2016 Paws on Parade event is scheduled for Saturday, September 24th on the Bangor Waterfront.
To sign up as a walker, team, vendor or sponsor, visit www.pawsonparade.kintera.org.
You can download our Team Captain Guide to help you get started!
Paws on Parade is our agency’s largest annual fundraising event through a community dog walk that celebrates pet companionship and benefits our homeless animals waiting for forever homes. Over a mile long, the walk route runs from the Bangor Waterfront through Downtown Bangor and meets back by the water. 800 participants (two-legged and four) walk every year with their dogs to help support homeless pets in our community. The event includes a variety of vendors and events/contests for participants to enjoy.
The money raised in Paws helps us attain important goals:
- Spay and neuter all shelter pets before re-homing.
- Provide emergency medical care to animals in need.
- Adopt out over 2,500 animals annually to loving homes.
- Reunite hundreds of lost pets with their owners every year.
- Vaccinate every animal that comes through our doors.
- Provide shelter, love and care for nearly 3,000 animals every year that find refuge at our door.
- Educate our local community on responsible pet ownership and raise awareness on the importance of spaying/neutering their pets.
Each year, the money raised from Paws on Parade helps us fulfill our ongoing mission to save more lives.
To learn more about Paws on Parade, register for this year’s event, or to become a sponsor visit: www.pawsonparade.kintera.org!